[Many thanks to Sophia O’Connor for proposing the title “Dans la renardière” and to Hi’ileiikauatuahine Amundson for providing resources.]
Resources for Students of French
[Research and compilation by Hi’ileiikauatuahine Amundson, Class of 2023]
- Memrise App: Helpful to memorize vocabulary words/lists, uses sentences and helps put the words into context.
- Word Reference: https://www.wordreference.com/ Perfect for looking up translations (in different contexts), conjugations, sample sentences.
Easy French – Learn French from the Streets: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLA5UIoabheFMYWWnGFFxl8_nvVZWZSykc
Interviewing local people, asking the same questions (repetition allows for easier understanding).
Tiktok Creators to Follow
- @encorefrenchlessons: vocabulary, culture, short lessons
- @mexemluv: funny, French memes
- @jazzyfreezy: culture, daily life in France, captions in both English and French
- @insidecotedazur: travel videos, French captions
- @studyfrench: quick lessons, short quizzes, pronunciation
- @learnfrenchwithelodie: verb conjugation, pronunciation, relevant vocabulary
- Coffee Break French: short 30-minute lessons, starts at a beginner level and becomes more advanced.
- Parlez Away: focuses on conversation, good practice for oral exams, interactive.
- One Thing in a French Day: short episodes, covers broad range of topics, each unique to their own episode.
- News in Slow French: https://www.newsinslowfrench.com/french-podcast Wide range of topics, helpful for improving comprehension skills, well-paced, easy to understand, includes transcripts and translations for new/difficult vocabulary
- Journal en Français Facile: https://savoirs.rfi.fr/fr/apprendre-enseigner/langue-francaise/journal-en-francais-facile
- Le Gorafi: http://www.legorafi.fr/ A parody for news articles, humorous, broaden cultural understanding
Intermediate Level – French Newspapers
- France 24: https://www.france24.com/fr/
- Le Monde: https://www.lemonde.fr/